Hands on Training in Manual Small Incision Cataract Surgery (SICS) short term course
Lions Eye Institute has a bunch of well-trained ophthalmologists in IOL microsurgery. To create more ophthalmologist efficient in IOL microsurgery, Lions Eye Institute & Hospital has introduced training program in SICS for practicing ophthalmologists. So that these ophthalmologists can provide quality cataract surgery to the patients of their community in different part of this country and abroad.
Highlights of the course
- LEIH has wet lab facility which provides cataract surgery training on animal eyes.
- Various video assisted lectures on different steps of SICS.
- Surgeries supervised by senior instructors until surgeon gains confidence to perform independent surgeries
- Postoperative review of cases by Professors.
- Maintenance of case records for future personal use
- Updated library and video bank
1st, 2nd & 3rd week: Wet lab practice on goats’/ simulated eye, Observing SICS performing by consultants.
3rd week: Performing Steps of SICS under supervision.
4th to 8th week: Independent SICS under supervision.
Qualified practicing Ophthalmologist with any post- graduate degree in ophthalmology recognized by BMDC or from recognized institutions of abroad .
Duration: 8 weeks.
Training Center: Lions Eye Institute & Hospital
For Local Candidate: 65000 BDT.
For Foreign Candidate: 1000 USD.
Accommodation & Food can be provided for the selected candidates based on their request with due charges.
Mode of Payment
The invitation will be sent to the selected candidates by email. The payment should be made either in check or cash in the bank account mentioned in your invitation email. International candidates can pay the course fee through wire transfer. Fee is non-refundable for any reasons. Although re-schedule can be made on reasonable ground
Admission / How to apply
- Applicants are requested to download the application forms from our website: www.blfbd.org and send the completed form to Office secretary (Academic wing) by email. email@example.com.
- If you have difficulty in downloading the form you can contact the Office secretary (Academic wing) to get the forms by email. (See contact info) or directly from office.
- Status of the application form will be intimated two-three weeks after the receipt of the application form.
For International Candidates
- It is mandatory for all the international candidates to get a temporary registration certificate from the Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council
For more information / Enquiries contact at:
Office secretary (Academic wing),
Lions Eye Institute & Hospital,
Lions Bhaban, Begum Rokeya Sarani, Agargaon, Dhaka.
Tel-+02 48121272, 02 48118864, +8801790125357