The Bangladesh Lions Foundation is a non-profit organization established on 5th December 1974 as the service project of the Lions Clubs International, District-315, Bangladesh. With the emergence of 6 Sub-Districts, this has now become the Project of all the districts of Multiple District-315, Bangladesh. The Memorandum and Articles of the Association of Bangladesh Lions Foundation was registered under Societies Act XXI of 1860 on 6th May 1975. The Bangladesh Lions Foundation is being managed by 48 Members Committee and headed by a Chairman representative from all six Districts under Multiple District-315, Bangladesh. The Hospital is run under the administrative control of a Director General appointed by the Bangladesh Lions Foundation and academic activities are controlled by an Academic Council headed by a Chairman Academic Council where most of the renowned ophthalmologists are involved. At present, life members of BLF are 3997 (up to 2017). Dr. M.A Rashid (MBBS, DO) was the first Director of this Institute & Hospital. No of 100 beds, including Male & Female ward, Semi cabin, Cabin and VIP Cabin.